The Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) is key in changing problem behaviors, however, getting buy-in and consistent implementation by school personnel has its own set of challenges. When Behavior Analysts incorporate and understand different cultural norms (i.e. race, religion, language, cultural etc.), the BIP can be developed to include these factors to facilitate success quickly and effectively. Along with incorporating cultural norms, the most successful problem behaviors managed in schools also take into consideration and incorporate meaningful and manageable data collection which truly “tells the story” of the progress of the student.
In our 4th installment of the Managing Challenging Behaviors Ethically in Schools Series, Special Learning, Inc, and Dr. Ronnie Detrich, the Problem Behavior in School Settings Subject Matter Expert explored the positive impact of creating and implementing a well thought out BIP has on managing problem behaviors in schools by incorporating critical elements that fit within the context of the school setting and behavioral science research.
During the 2-hour webinar, we explored common behavioral strategies and procedures and effectively implemented such procedures to increase collaboration and carry-through within the school setting. During the webinar, case scenario(s) and examples were provided for the full illustration of topics discussed. Participants were encouraged to submit questions and receive real-time answers from experts.
Date: Wednesday, June 10th, 2020
Time: 3:00pm to 5:00 pm CENTRAL
- Ronnie Detrich, PhD
Price: $79 (includes 30-day access to the recording of the LIVE event and CEUs)
- 2 Learning (Type-II) BACB® CEUs
- 2 General QABA® CEs
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- List cultural considerations that interfere and/or promote cross-collaboration within schools
- Identify cultural norms across different races, religions, cultures and languages and how-to create programming to incorporate such by promoting individual cultural needs.
- Develop common behavior reduction procedures that are conducive in the learning environment, implementable in the school setting, and achieve behavioral outcomes.
- Assess the pros and cons of different measurement procedures in the school setting and develop the most effective procedure and type of data display
- Develop a systematic collaborative-team approach during the Behavioral Plan development through implementation which also encourages feedback from all parties involved.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
QABA Approved CE Provider
If you are seeking QABA CEs, please send an email to email@example.com.
To earn CEUs for this webinar:
FOR LIVE PRESENTATION: After the live presentation, there will be a survey that automatically pops up when you close out of the streaming service. Complete the survey and provide the information requested (i.e. first and last name, credential/licensure number etc.). Within 24-48 hours you will receive your certificate via eMail
FOR RECORDING OF PRESENTATION: Watch the video in full. Next, complete the 10-20 question post quiz and provide the information requested (i.e. first and last name, credential/licensure number etc.). Immediately following a successful passing grade of 80% or higher, send an eMail to Contact@ProfessionalCEUs.com to receive a CEU Request Form. Complete the form and you CEUs will be delivered to your eMail.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.