Completing a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) in schools has its challenges- especially for behaviors that are multiply controlled. In clinical settings, such cases would strongly warrant a formal FA; however, in the school setting, can this method be safely implemented or is it ethical to not perform an FA? This question plagues many behavior analysts who work with students who engage in severe problem behaviors in the school setting.
Special Learning, Inc, and Dr. Ronnie Detrich, the Problem Behavior in School Settings Expert have undertaken this conundrum and provided key successful elements and considerations when completing an FBA for students in the school setting. From there, continued the process of developing a BIP and created a BIP that works within the school environment’s constraints so the BIP is implemented effectively and the student truly becomes successful.
During this 2-hour webinar presentation, we provided context and tangible solutions for completing an FBA and developed an appropriate BIP in the school setting that can be implemented. During the webinar, case scenario(s) were presented of successful and unsuccessful approaches in completing the FBA and BIP development in the school setting. Participants were encouraged to submit questions and received real-time answers from experts.
Date: RECORDED Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
- Ronnie Detrich, PhD
2 QABA General CEU
2 BACB Learning CEU
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Identify the least intrusive and most effective Functional Behavior Assessment procedures in the school setting to assess problem behaviors and provide the least amount of disruption for the student and his/her peers.
- Assess classroom ecology and develop environmental modifications to support the student’s success in the classroom.
- List proactive approaches to collaborate with educators and others that interact with the student in the school setting from initial observation through the assessment period and Behavior Plan implementation.
- Design common antecedent and environmental strategies to reduce problem behaviors in the classroom based on functional assessment findings
- Discuss contextually appropriate replacement behaviors and methods of teaching/training school personnel of the implementation of replacement behaviors
- Develop a systematic collaborative-team approach when working in schools from the FBA to developing the Behavior Intervention Plan that will be successful for the student in the school setting.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
If you are seeking QABA CEs, please send an email to email@example.com.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information, or sessions identified herein.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.