The recorded version will be available 7-10 days after the live broadcast.
Completing a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) in schools has its challenges- especially for behaviors that are multiply controlled. In clinic settings, such cases would strongly warrant a formal FA; however, in the school setting, can this method be safely implemented or is it ethical to not perform an FA? This question plagues many behavior analysts who work with students who engage in severe problem behaviors in the school setting.
Special Learning, Inc, and Dr. Ronnie Detrich, the Problem Behavior in School Settings Expert has undertaken this conundrum and provided key successful elements and considerations when completing an FBA for students in the school setting. From there, continued to the process of developing a BIP and created a BIP that works within the school environment’s constraints so the BIP is implemented effectively and the student truly becomes successful.
During this 2-hour webinar presentation, we provided context and tangible solutions in completing an FBA and developed an appropriate BIP in the school setting that can be implemented. During the webinar, case scenario(s) were presented of successful and unsuccessful approaches in completing the FBA and BIP development in the school settings. Participants were encouraged to submit questions and received real-time answers from experts.
Date: RECORDED Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
Time: 3:00pm to 5:00 pm CENTRAL
- Ronnie Detrich, PhD
Price: $79 (includes 30-day access to the recording of the LIVE event and CEUs)
- 2 Learning (Type-II) BACB® CEUs
- 2 General QABA® CEs
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Identify the least intrusive and most effective Functional Behavior Assessment procedures in the school setting to assess problem behaviors and provide the least amount of disruption for the student and his/her peers.
- Assess classroom ecology and develop environmental modifications to support the student’s success in the classroom.
- List proactive approaches to collaborate with educators and others that interact with the student in the school setting from initial observation through the assessment period and Behavior Plan implementation.
- Design common antecedent and environmental strategies to reduce problem behaviors in the classroom based on functional assessment findings
- Discuss contextually appropriate replacement behaviors and methods of teaching/training school personnel of the implementation of replacement behaviors
- Develop a systematic collaborative-team approach when working in schools from the FBA to developing the Behavior Intervention Plan that will be successful for the student in the school setting.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
QABA Approved CE Provider
If you are seeking QABA CEs, please send an email to email@example.com.
To earn CEUs for this webinar:
FOR LIVE PRESENTATION: After the live presentation, there will be a survey that automatically pops up when you close out of the streaming service. Complete the survey and provide the information requested (i.e. first and last name, credential/licensure number etc.). Within 24-48 hours you will receive your certificate via eMail
FOR RECORDING OF PRESENTATION: Watch the video in full. Next, complete the 10-20 question post quiz and provide the information requested (i.e. first and last name, credential/licensure number etc.). Immediately following a successful passing grade of 80% or higher, send an eMail to Contact@ProfessionalCEUs.com to receive a CEU Request form. Complete the form and a CE certificate will be delivered to within 24-48 hours via eMail.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.