LEVEL: All Levels
Continuing Education Eligibility (Included):
(BACB®) 2 Learning
(QABA®) 2 General (In-person)
The digital world and technology is no new idea to us, but with the unusual circumstances that the Coronavirus has given us this year, many people have turned to virtual means to continue working. We are all trying to navigate the new normal. More people are working from home than ever before. Because of this, we tend to see a digression or lack of clarity in professional etiquette, communication, presence.
Where is the boundary drawn? How do we maintain professionalism while working from home? When should these issues be addressed with employees, and how can they be brought about in a way that elicits a change?
These are some of the objectives that we will be discussing with our Subject Matter Expert, Jenna Sage, while we continue to navigate the new digital world and work from the comfort of our homes.
In this webinar, we focused on the behaviors and skills that are most valued, impactful, and sought after by employers and clinicians. Research has shown that year after year there are eight employability competencies that can help us in successfully navigating the workplace. These employability competencies are juxtaposed with the ethical guidelines that drive our behavior analytic practices. We also explored how skills like professionalism, effective communication, and digital literacy can impact our organizational outcomes, satisfaction, and ultimately client quality of life.
Through examining real-world scenarios that highlight the implications and outcomes of people lacking employability skills, we gained a better understanding of how to recruit, hire, and onboard qualified candidates and also effectively seek employers with aligned value structures. Finally, we shared a tool that can be used to address and mitigate challenging employability circumstances and result in stronger and more effective workplaces.
Presenter: Jenna Sage, Ph.D., BCBA
Panelist: Jennifer Rumfola, MA, CCC/SLP, BCBA/LBA
Price: $79 (includes 30-day access to the recording of the LIVE event and CEUs)
- Define professional competencies as they align the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and the Ethics Standards for Healthcare Professionals
- Define the target skills of eight professional competencies as it relates to the quality of care and maximize employability
- Analyze the professionalism of situational examples of how staff behaviors impact client, employee, and organizational outcomes
- Examine data around elements of professional communication that directly impact healthcare agency customer satisfaction
- Describe the impacts of social media and digital footprints on career navigation, client outcomes, and organizational success
- Develop a task list of professional target skills that can be utilized for recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and professional development of care staff
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
QABA Approved CE Provider
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning or Step By Step, the materials, information, or sessions identified herein.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.