Adherence to a Code of Ethics is essential for both Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) and Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs). In January 2020, The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), launched new SLP Certification Standards. Many updates and changes were released and require action, including the requirement that ALL certificate holders complete a minimum of 1 of 30 Clinical Maintenance Hours (.1 ASHA CEU) in the professional development area of ETHICS. Similarly, BCBAs must complete 4 of 32 CEUS in the area of ETHICS.
Professional Development CEUs teamed up with Tamara Kasper, dually certified SLP/BCBA, provided an opportunity to help meet these requirements immediately! We offered a 2-hour session that covered the new ASHA mandates, current BACB mandates, and reviewed the ethical codes established by ASHA and the BACB. This session included a case review that revealed common ethical complaints from both fields and how to foster collaboration across disciplines.
Due to the current situation involving the COVID-19 outbreak and the obligation of many providers to “work from home” as non-essential professionals to the crisis, we have further customized this webinar to address ethical considerations of providing services remotely. The impact of virtual service delivery has on clients, families, professionals, schools, and businesses will also be discussed.
Date: Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020
- Tamara Kasper, CCC-SLP, BCBA, LBA
- Jennifer Rumfola, CCC-SLP, BCBA, LBA
2 General QABA CEUs
2 BACB Learning or Ethics CEU
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Describe Ethics Continuing Education Requirements for respective discipline (ASHA, BACB)
- Access the Code of Ethics and describe the process of reporting ethical violations to ASHA/BACB
- Identify potential ethical dilemmas and give a case study
- Apply an ethical decision-making model to contrived and actual case studies that involve ethical dilemmas
- List the ethical considerations of tele-treatment and impact on service delivery
- Identify 3 areas for collaboration between SLPs and BCBAs
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
Please note at this time, this webinar does not offer ASHA CEs, however, you can receive a certificate of attendance.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information, or sessions identified herein.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.