Continuing Education Eligibility (Included):
(BACB®) 2 Type II
(QABA®) 2 General (In-person)
APA: 2 General (Home Study)
Today, 7.1 % of children in the United States are diagnosed with Anxiety disorders. An additional 3.2% of children are diagnosed with depression, with many of these children diagnosed with both anxiety and depression. While the incidence of bipolar disorder in children is hard to determine, 2.8% of adults have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and 65% of these adults report symptoms starting in childhood.
Many children have fears, and many worries about a variety of concerns, many children are sad or withdrawn at times. Other children may have episodes of hyperactivity or manic symptoms, with or without depressive episodes. Most children “grow out” of these stages. However, for 7 in 10 children, the concerns continue for weeks or years at a time or grow so severe that they interfere with school, home, sleep, health, and social relationships. Research has uncovered effective treatment strategies, including behavioral, environmental, educational, parental, and psychopharmacological approaches.
In our webinar on Psychopharmacology and Mood Disorders, we focused on evidence-based assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of several different forms of anxiety, depression, and mood disorders that impact children, emphasizing behavioral, environmental, educational, parental, and psychopharmacological strategies. We discussed separation anxiety, phobias, social anxiety, general anxiety, and panic disorders, as well as depression and bipolar disorders, including the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment strategies. We also discussed and dispel myths surrounding these disorders and discuss the negative outcomes if a child is left untreated. We also explored how mood disorders are often diagnosed along with other disorders, including learning disabilities, ASD, ADHD, and other health concerns (i.e., asthma, diabetes, and trauma).
Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Time: 3:00pm to 5:00 pm CENTRAL
Presenter: Dr. Ronald T. Brown and Dr. Debbie Coehlo
Panelist: Manya Ralkowski, EdS, BCBA, LBA, IBA
Price: $79 (includes 30-day access to the recording of the LIVE event and CEUs)
1. Recognize specific target behaviors associated with the diagnosis of the different forms of anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorders.
2. Explore and discuss the most effective and evidence-based behavior and counseling strategies that are seen throughout various developmental stages of treatment for anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorders.
3. Evaluate environmental factors that may interfere with positive function in a child with anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorders.
4. Identify classes of psychotropic agents which have demonstrated effectiveness in the treatment of anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorders.
5. Discuss common medications used in the treatment of anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorders, including the indication, mechanism of action, adverse and side effects, and monitoring criteria.
6. Apply knowledge to specific case studies including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of outcomes.
7. Analyze ethical issues arising during the treatment of a child with anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorders, and their families.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
QABA Approved CE Provider
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.