While developing Module 3, Dr. Detrich and our development team determined that this topic required far more attention than the original 2 hours allotted. In keeping with our mission to provide the highest quality, timely, relevant, and actionable professional development opportunities, we determined that the best course of action would be to devote additional 2-hours to give us an opportunity to take a much deeper dive into this complex topic.
There are countless challenges involved in developing quality FBAs that can realistically be implemented given vastly different constraints inherent in school settings. In this session, Dr. Detrich will leverage his deep knowledge, expertise, and history of success to provide BCBAs with a blueprint for BIP implementation. He will share his framework, models, materials, and other tools that he and his team have developed and used successfully over the years to achieve positive outcomes – in spite of environmental constraints.
In the previous session, Special Learning, Inc, and Dr. Ronnie Detrich presented the considerations and implications of selecting FBA strategies that is most appropriate in a variety of settings, situations, and circumstances.
In this session, we will continue to move along the FBA continuum to discuss the specifics of how to successfully create and implement BIPs — in collaboration with educators and other members of the IEP team.
Subject Matter Expert: Ronnie Detrich, PhD
Panelist: Jennifer Rumfola, CCC-SLP / BCBA
2 General QABA CEs
2 BACB Learning CEU
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Identify the least intrusive and most effective Functional Behavior Assessment procedures in the school setting to assess problem behaviors and provide the least amount of disruption for the student and his/her peers.
- Assess classroom ecology and develop environmental modifications to support the student’s success in the classroom.
- List proactive approaches to collaborate with educators and others that interact with the student in the school setting from initial observation through the assessment period and Behavior Plan implementation.
- Design common antecedent and environmental strategies to reduce problem behaviors in the classroom based on functional assessment findings
- Discuss contextually appropriate replacement behaviors and methods of teaching/training school personnel on the implementation of replacement behaviors
- Develop a systematic collaborative-team approach when working in schools from the FBA to developing the Behavior Intervention Plan that will be successful for the student in the school setting.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
QABA Approved CE Provider
If you are seeking QABA CEs, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information, or sessions identified herein.
To earn CEUs for this webinar:
FOR LIVE PRESENTATION: After the live presentation, there will be a survey that automatically pops up when you close out of the streaming service. Complete the survey and provide the information requested (i.e. first and last name, credential/licensure number, etc.). Within 24-48 hours you will receive your certificate via eMail
FOR RECORDING OF PRESENTATION: Watch the video in full. Next, complete the 10-20 question post quiz and provide the information requested (i.e. first and last name, credential/licensure number, etc.). Immediately following a successful passing grade of 80% or higher, you will be able to access your digital certificate from your account found under the tab “Certificates”.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.