Continuing Education Eligibility (Included):
(BACB®) 2 Type II
(QABA®) 2 General (In-person)
APA: 2 General (Home Study)
Today, 8.5 % of children in the United States are diagnosed with a mental health condition that includes treatment with psychotropic medications. In order to provide effective and safe treatment, a thorough, accurate, and appropriate assessment and diagnosis is essential.
In our upcoming LIVE webinar on Psychopharmacology: Diagnosis and Assessment, we focus on evidence-based assessment and diagnosis of common mental health disorders in children. We will explore valid and reliable assessment and screening tools to identify mental health symptoms, and how to use these tools appropriately during the assessment process. We will also review other diagnostic information, including medical and family history, physical examination findings, and appropriate laboratory and other diagnostic tests used to assure an accurate diagnosis. We will review the diagnostic process, including the use of the DSM-5. We will apply these examples to case studies of both individual diagnoses and concurrent diagnoses to illustrate the importance of thorough and appropriate assessments.
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Time: 3:00pm to 5:00 pm CENTRAL
Presenter: Ronald T. Brown, PhD, ABPP, Deborah P. Coehlo, PhD, C-PNP, PMHS, CFLE and Lyre Fribourg, PhD, BCBA-D
Panelist: Manya Ralkowski, EdS, BCBA, LBA, IBA
Price: $79 (includes 30-day access to the recording of the LIVE event and CEUs)
1. Recognize specific target behaviors associated with the diagnosis of the different mental health diagnoses in childhood.
2. Explore and discuss symptoms of mental health disorders that are seen throughout various developmental stages of childhood.
3. Evaluate environmental factors that may impact a child’s functional ability.
4. Review common screening and assessment tools used to assess and monitor mental health diagnoses in children.
5. Review the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria used to diagnosis common mental health disorders in children.
6. Identify classes of psychotropic medications that have demonstrated effectiveness in the treatment of mental health in childhood.
7. Discuss the benefits versus the risks of accurate assessment and diagnoses and treatment outcomes when treating children with mental health disorders.
8. Apply knowledge to specific case studies including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of outcomes.
9. Analyze ethical issues arising during the assessment and diagnosis of a child with mental health diagnoses.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Professional Development CEUs, the materials, information, or sessions identified herein.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.