Continuing Education Eligibility (Included):
2 BACB Type II/ Learning
2 QABA General (In-person)
APA CEU Eligibility 2 General (CESA/Live and Home Study)
Today, 7-10% of children in the United States are diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity and Impulsivity (ADHD). This diagnosis can impact a child’s ability to learn, develop friendships and healthy family relationships, and build positive self-esteem if left untreated. After 70 years of research, we now know effective treatment strategies, including behavioral, environmental, and psychopharmacological approaches.
In this webinar, we focus on evidence-based assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of ADHD, emphasizing behavioral and psychopharmacological strategies. Research has shown year after year that the combination of behavioral and psychopharmacology has been the most effective in reaching positive treatment outcomes. We also discuss and dispel myths surrounding ADHD and discuss the negative outcomes if a child is left untreated. We also explore how ADHD is often diagnosed along with other disorders, including learning disabilities, mood disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, anxiety, and depression.
Through examining real-world scenarios that highlight the implications and outcomes of children diagnosed with ADHD, we gain a better understanding of how to assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate outcomes for these children and their families. Finally, we share the importance of integrated care for these children and their families, including pediatricians and nurse practitioners, mental health specialists and psychiatrists, behavioral specialists, speech and occupational therapists, and educators.
Ronald T. Brown, Ph.D., ABPP
Deborah P. Coehlo, Ph.D., C-PNP, PMHS, CFLE
- Recognize specific target behaviors associated with ADHD for which psychopharmacology is effective.
- Identify classes of psychotropic agents which have demonstrated effectiveness in the treatment of ADHD
- Understand common medications used in the treatment of ADHD, including the indication, mechanism of action, adverse and side effects, and monitoring criteria
- Explore and discuss the most effective behavior strategies that are seen throughout various developmental stages of treatment for ADHD.
- Apply knowledge to specific case studies including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Identify skills required to approach parents about the potential benefits of psychotropic medication for their children.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
QABA Approved CE Provider
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning or Step By Step, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.