Continuing Education Eligibility (Included):
(BACB®) 2 Type II
(QABA®) 2 General (In-person)
APA: 2 General (Home Study)
Today, 7-10% of children in the United States are diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity and Impulsivity (ADHD). This diagnosis can impact a child’s ability to learn, develop friendships and healthy family relationships, and build a positive self-esteem if left untreated. After 70 years of research, we now know effective treatment strategies, including behavioral, environmental, and psychopharmacological approaches.
In this webinar, we focus on evidence-based assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of ADHD, emphasizing behavioral and psychopharmacological strategies. Research has shown year after year that the combination of behavioral and psychopharmacology has been the most effective in reaching positive treatment outcomes. We also discuss and dispel myths surrounding ADHD and discuss the negative outcomes if a child is left untreated. We also explore how ADHD is often diagnosed along with other disorders, including learning disabilities, mood disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, anxiety, and depression.
Through examining real-world scenarios that highlight the implications and outcomes of children diagnosed with ADHD, we gain a better understanding of how to assess, diagnosis, treat, and evaluate outcomes for these children and their families. Finally, we share the importance in integrated care for these children and their families, including pediatricians and nurse practitioners, mental health specialist and psychiatrists, behavioral specialists, speech and occupational therapists, and educators.
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Time: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm CENTRAL
Presenter: Dr. Ronald T. Brown and Dr. Debbie Coehlo
Panelist: Jennifer Rumfola, CCC-SLP, BCBA
Price: $79 (includes 30-day access to the recording of the LIVE event and CEUs)
- Recognize specific target behaviors associated with ADHD for which psychopharmacology is effective.
- Identify classes of psychotropic agents which have demonstrated effectiveness in the treatment of ADHD
- Understand common medications used in the treatment of ADHD, including the indication, mechanism of action, adverse and side effects, and monitoring criteria
- Explore and discuss the most effective behavior strategies that are seen throughout various developmental stages of treatment for ADHD.
- Apply knowledge to specific case studies including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Identify skills required to approach parents about the potential benefits of psychotropic medication for their children
To learn more about the entire 7-part series please review the following titles:
- Overview of Psychopharmacology and Childhood Disorders: March 10, 2021
- Psychopharmacology and ADHD: April 14, 2021
- Psychopharmacology and Autism: May 12, 2021
- Psychopharmacology and Mood Disorders: June 9, 2021
- Psychopharmacology and Evidence-Based Practices: July 14, 2021
- Ethics of Medication: August 11, 2021
- Psychopharmacology: Diagnosis and Assessment: September 8, 2021
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
QABA Approved CE Provider
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.