OT & ABA - Module 5 Redone Presentation Slide
Occupational therapy services enable clients to participate in their everyday life activities in their desired roles, contexts and environments, and life situations. Their scope of practice includes the following domains:
- ADLs (Activities of Daily Living)
- IADLs (Instrumental Activities of Daily Living)
- Rest and Sleep
- Social Participation
Except for Rest and Sleep, at a high level, these domains closely resemble the domains in ABA programs.
So… if a client is receiving both O/T and ABA services, who does what? More importantly, who should do what? Add to this conundrum, Speech domains and it becomes clear as mud.
- Occupational Therapy Practice Framework
- OT_ABA Collaboration Jaba Article
- Multidisciplinary Scope of Practice Across Disciplines
- OT Framework and Domains
- Jaba Article