Reminder: You NEED to watch the entire video before you take the quiz. This is REQUIRED for your Continuing Education Units to be accepted by the Certification Board.
Did you know that developmental and mental health diagnoses generally fall into at least 1 of 3 categories: 1) Medical/Biological, 2) Substance-Induced, and 3) Psychological? Common diagnoses in children and adolescents requiring treatment include Autism, Prader Willi Syndrome, Speech/Communication Delays, Intellectual Developmental Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Global Developmental Delay, Down’s Syndrome, and Attention Deficit Disorder. Prevalence rates, comorbidities, age ranges, treatment, parent counseling, and medication is discussed. A brief description of several diagnoses is included (e.g., Autism, Intermittent Explosive Outburst, Oppositional Defiant and Conduct Disorders, ADHD, and Intellectual Disability).
Presenter: Deborah P. Coehlo, PhD, C-PNP, PMHS, CFLE
1. Identify common diagnoses associated with developmental and mental health diagnoses
2. List the prevalence rates of common mental health diagnoses
3. List diagnostic criteria for common mental health diagnoses in children.
4. Describe the impact of untreated mental health in children.
5. Apply knowledge using case studies.